Call for Questions or To Order 330-966-3796
At Calco Electric, we make a variety of thermal protectors for several different industries. Our products are used in food service equipment, HVAC parts, automotive motors, compressors, lighting and electrical parts, computers, medical equipment, A/C motors and transformers, and more.
Thermal protectors contain a bimetal disc that stops motors from overheating and catching on fire. This is important for safety, efficiency, and other factors that are important to industries and individuals.
Our thermal protectors are available in a variety of motors:
- High Temperature Thermal Protector, Thermostat TB97 uses a dependable bimetal snap-disc approach that is specially made for high temperature situations. Its maximum switching temperature stands at 450°C.
- Thermal Motor Protector, TP1 gives motors rapid response protection with high switching capacity, pressure resistance, temperature and current sensitivity, minimal contact resistance, and rapid response.
- Resetable Thermal Cutout, AC02 is a small resettable thermal cutout. It protects transformers, electric motors, controllers, and heaters. This model can be installed directly into windings.
- Thermal Protector, ST01 is a small thermal protector with accurate response, temperature sensitivity, and other features. It is used in transformers, motors, electronics, and coils.
- The TB02 Series Auto Reset is a miniature thermal protector. As one of the smallest devices in the world, it includes a bimetal snap disc for temperature and current sensitivity. It is used in ballasts, battery packs, and transformers.
- The TP2 Series Thermal Protector is a positive make, small size, and break that uses snap-action discs for repeatable temperature performance. It is used in AC brushless motors, fractional power motors, and DC motors.
- Thermal Protectors, CK-01 and CK-99 use snap action for durable, quality, cost effective protection. Engineers install these pieces in lighting, motor, and transformer applications.
Thermal Protectors at Calco Electric
Contact us today to request a quote on a quality thermal protector from Calco Electric.
Engineers at Calco Electric design high quality Thermowells and Custom Fittings specifically for your project. We use your specs to create our products, guaranteeing that your needs are met.
Thermowells Offer Protection to Thermostats
Thermowells, which are tubular fittings typically used in industrial settings, protect thermostats from harmful elements, like water. The thermostat is set into the open end of the thermowell, which is closed on the other side. Heat travels through the thermowell wall to the thermostat.
The thermostat is entirely encased inside the Thermowell, with the temperature sensor in direct contact with the Thermowell’s inside tip. This results in a delayed response from the thermostat. The thermostat is easy to replace if it becomes damaged.
These tools are implemented into the industrial process to guarantee that the temperature stays steady despite any harsh environments that could damage the thermostat. In industrial settings, there can be water, chemicals, and dirt that can cause a thermostat to malfunction. Thermowells prevent this from happening.
Request a Custom Thermowell
We can design our custom thermowells with brass, SS316, CS, Titanium Monel, and Hastelloys materials. Our engineers will socket weld, thread, taper, flange, or straighten your product according to your needs. At your request, we can use a variety of thread sizes. Each of these materials and designs are used in different settings.
If you need a cap and chain for your project, we can design one for you. Our custom fittings have heat code traceability, 28” insertion lengths, and one piece construction.
Thermowells and Custom Fittings at Calco Electric
All of our products are 100% factory tested. If you need, we can also provide NACE certification. Contact us today!
Custom thermowells from Calco Electric for temperature protection are available in SS 316, CS, Brass, Titanium Monel & Hastelloys materials.
- Options available include: Threaded, flanged, socket weld, tapered and straight.
- Instrument connection: -1/2" NPT/NPSM
- Insertion length (U) up to 28"
- One piece construction
- Cap & chain available upon request
- Other thread sizes available upon request
- 100% factory tested
- NACE certification available upon request
- Heat code traceability
Our team of engineers at Calco Electric provide the best quality in thermal protectors. We also offer the best pricing and customer service for our products. No matter your industry or your needs, we have the training and the experience to help.
Our products are used in a variety of industries, including automotive, food service, compressors, A/C motors and transformers, medical, and more.
No Overheating With Thermal Protectors
Thermal protectors are specifically made for motors. When the motor’s heat rises too high, the thermal protector turns off electricity. This stops the motor from overheating and catching on fire.
Thermal protectors are placed internally inside the motor. The elements include two different kinds of metal, like a bimetal disc, to disjoint the contact from the electricity. This feature can be individualized according to the temperature, size, and metals needed.
Choose From a Variety of Thermal Protectors
We create thermal protectors in brass, SS 316, CS, Hastelloys, and Titanium Monel materials. Because we start with materials known for their durability and accuracy, our end products are outstanding.
We give our customers a variety of options, including socket weld, threaded, tapered, flanged, and straight. Each detail is included to make the protectors more efficient.
Our thermal protectors are made with one piece construction. If you want, we can run 100% factory tests for NACE certification. Our elements have heat code traceability, 28” Insertion length, and ½” NPT/NPSM instrument connection.
Thermal Protectors at Calco Electric
We can also individualize your thermal protectors with cap and chain options, thread sizes, and more. Contact us to choose your specifications for your thermal protectors from Calco Electric.
Battery Protectors are designed to do just that – protect your battery. At Calco Electric, we understand that our electronics are an important part of our modern lifestyle. This is why battery protectors are especially important for guarding against surges.
Battery Protectors Offer Increased Safety
When the battery in a computer is struck by a power surge, which can happen during a lightning storm, the battery can be damaged or blown up. Instead of allowing this to happen, it is wise to use battery protectors.
High-quality battery protectors are able to instantly guard against harmful power surges. At Calco Electric, we have created our Model BRMS Battery (Thermal) Protector to protect battery packs from overtemperature and overcurrent. Our BRMS Battery Protectors can be made with a nickel plated strip that includes an insulation sleeve, or they can be made with insulated wire leads.
You can use our BRMS Battery Protectors for a variety of projects, including the following:
- Mobile battery packs
- Notebook battery packs
- Electric devices
- Power tool battery packs
- Household appliances
Our BRMS Battery Protectors are designed to give you a high-quality performance with unique features:
- Trip temp.: 40°C~100°C (in 5°C steps)
- Tolerance: ±5°C
- Ambient range: -10°C~120°C
- Contact capacity: DC12V/6A DC24V/3A
- Endurance life: 6,000 cycles
Battery Protectors With Calco Electric
We provide only the best pricing, quality, and customer service for our customers, no matter the project or the thermostat. Our Sales Engineering team is trained and experienced to help you with any questions or concerns that you may have. Learn more about our battery protectors and their importance by contacting us today.